This fresh tasting salad is a perfect solution to cooling down those unbearably hot summer days for runners. It’s packed with tons of flavor and tastes absolutely delicious. Not only is this salad a healthy option, it’s easy to make and contains only 11 ingredients. You can pair this with any of your favorite main courses, or enjoy it by itself. Be careful though, one taste and you may not want to share.
Total Time: 15 Minutes, plus 2 hours for marination
Vegan, Gluten Free, Serves 8-10
Produce & Frozen
- 12oz package of frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups of corn, frozen kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), halved
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
Baking and Spices
- 1 tsp salt, course
- 1 tsp white sugar
Oils and Vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 minute. Drain well and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes and green onions. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.