I’ll start off by saying that the Thug Kitchen Cookbook is one of my favorite cookbooks. I find the recipes amazing and the verbage hilarious! If you haven’t checked out this cookbook, you my want to. Although it does contain a lot of “fowl language” (not that it has stopped anyone before, but this is just a warning). With all that being said, one of my favorite quick and easy recipes for slaw comes from this cookbook. This lime and cilantro slaw tastes fresh and is quick and easy to make. This can be used as a side dish or better yet, a topping for tacos! (We’ll revisit the tacos next week!). I love the taste of this slaw because it’s not as creamy/heavy as a normal slaw, but has that “zing” from the lime juice and freshness from the cilantro. If you’re looking for a different take on slaw, this is the slaw for you!
*This recipe can be found in the Thug Kitchen Cookbook, which is awesome!*
Total time 10 mins (ish)
(You can also use bagged slaw mix if pressed for time, just skip steps 1 and 2)
- 1/2 Head of Green Cabbage (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1 Lime, Squeezed (2 Tbsp)
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Cut the cabbage into thin, 2 inch long strips
- Cut the carrot into match sticks of the same length
- In a small glass, mix together the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, and salt
- Mix the cabbage and carrots with the dressing and toss well.
- Top with the chopped cilantro and serve.
*I like to have the mixture sit for a little to have all of the ingredients blend together, but you can serve as soon as you’re done*